Friday, April 20, 2007

A perfect blog moment

After my all day NIJO tour (Northern Iowa Junior Orchestra), I came home, and after being home for about a half hour, someone opens the door, and the mother finch is there. Well, the bird did't know anywhere to go except in, so all of a sudden we had a bird in our house. She flew into the greenery in our kitchen, then to a plate mounted on the wall. After that, Lily with her hunting phase on right now, just had to jump out the door because she thought the bird had gone outside. I was the one to chase after her. She didn't get far with my fast legs. Thanks to the people who wrote in experiences to the Ensign, we knew how to get the bird out. We turned off all the lights except the ones leading out the door. After getting caught in Alice's hair, the finch finally flew out the door. We are now really careful when we open the door. Of course, while Alice and I were hiding behind the couch, I had to ask if we could wait so I could take a picture. The answer was "no".

2 comments:

baileymom said...

The helpful story was of the sparrow inside the SLC Tabernacle. And it worked!

Anonymous said...

Poor Alice! What did it feel like to have a bird stuck in her hair? I'm glad you got the bird out safely. Here there was a story this last week about two deer that ran into a nursing home (through the automatic sliding doors), and when they finally went back out, one went out the door and the other broke through the glass next to the door. Beware the wildlife!