Sunday, November 19, 2006

My Busy Weekend


Ok. Here's what has happened over my weekend:

Friday: All-State Orchestra in Ames, IA, all day- Wake up time: 6 am, got home at 7:15 pm.
It was fun, and I think I'll do it next year if my friends are able to come, too. The only downside is that you get sooooooooooo tired! I was about to collapse after the concert.

Friday Evening: School Dance: 80's theme, 7:30-10 pm, leave and get there: 7:37 pm, got home at 10:10.
That was really fun too, but I ended up wearing jeans and a sweater which was a big mistake because it was SUPER hot in there!

Saturday at 10 am: leave for Nauvoo for the rest of the day, leave around 10 am, got back around 9 pm.
It was really fun at Nauvoo because I got to baby-sit with other people in the ward, and then I got to do baptisms for the first time, and I thought it was really fun despite the cold, misty outside where it's pitch black at 6:oo!

Sunday:
Played my viola with a friend who played her violin and we accompanied the choir in "Come Thou Fount", and it sounded REALLY good!

2 comments:

baileymom said...

It wasn't THE All-State Orchestra, it was the Honors orchestra for 7-9th graders. But it was at the same time as All-State though, and in the building next door. There were kids there from all over the state. Elizabeth did well!
--Mom Bailey

jamie said...

How cool that you got to do baptisms in the temple for the first time. I bet that was great.